Workforce Planning Portal
STEP TWO: DATA COLLECTION
The SWOT Analysis is a strategic assessment tool used to establish the level of understanding needed for successful planning. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
A SWOT Analysis is simple to use and the results are easy to understand. As part of a workforce plan, a SWOT Analysis can provide a big picture of the status of the workforce and how that fits with the status and direction of your agency.
It can be effective in identifying and evaluating your agency’s internal strengths and weaknesses, and is also used to identify and evaluate the external opportunities and threats that may affect your agency.
- Worksheet - Conducting a SWOT Analysis (Microsoft Word form)
- Sample - Email SWOT Survey (Microsoft Word form)
- Sample - Web-Based SWOT Survey (PDF)
- Sample - Completed SWOT Examples (PDF)
- Guidelines - Conducting Efficient Meetings (PDF)
ENVIRONMENTAL SCANS & ASSESSMENT:
Conduct a SWOT Analysis
> STEP THREE: DATA ANALYSIS
DATA COLLECTION TOOLS: